The Department of Social Work in Mental Health offers two courses -
- MA - Social Work in Mental Health
- Diploma in Community Mental Healthcare
BALM’s unique offerings:
- First hand field experience to understand how social work practice in mental health from development and human rights perspective.
- Discovering the enormity of mental health issues and itsdirect impact on poverty and homelessness and becoming responsive to the urgent need for comprehensive & ethical mental health services in India, especially for marginalized groups
- Developing skills in delivering comprehensive mental health services
- Developing skills in policy planning, programme management, advocacy, activism and research in mental health.
- Developing capabilities to work in inter-disciplinary teams and contexts.